Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trains and dumb people...

Worse thing about dumb people is you can't really avoid them. It's like those movies with the zombie apocalypse theme. You can run but you can't hide. Trains along with other mass transportation vehicles is a without escape dumb-trap. In 50 minutes I managed to get so annoyed that I was a lab accident away from turning into a super villain.
Although I'd probably be doing a public service... 

So back to the story. I had to be somewhere (I can't say it's top secret) so I took the train to go there. I was lucky enough, because the social workers that work on them, decided to actually work that day. Speaking of which... Why dumb people are never on strike... oh wait... So anyway, it's morning and it's rush hour. The moment I walk down the escalators (because some dumb ass pressed the stop button), people that just got out of the train all rush to the exits like a bomb was about to explode. Of course they don't watch where they walk to, and 2-3 of them fall on me, looking at me angry and without apologizing, while I am on the side, that is supposedly for the people that enter the station, not for the ones leaving it... Again I restrain myself from tackling someone in front of me...
And the moment you say "How many stupid people I will see today..." Murphy ('s law) appears in front of me. The ticket vending machines are all out of order except for one and there is no one in the ticket booth... 15 people wait to get a ticket... The queue moves at super speed... Elderly take their ticket faster than some dumb asses that haven't seen a machine before in their life... Not a vending machine... any machine! At last I get my ticket and go down the (stopped) escalators where a new challenge appears...

The train will arrive in 5 minutes... In rush hour... I won't even begin to describe how many people are waiting for the train... I am not in a hurry to be honest so I come to terms that I 'll get the next train. My problem is that from past experience people tend to not like water that much. So you can imagine what happens inside closed spaces... An announcement says that the next train will be here in 2 minutes, so don't push each other to get in and they should let the people aboard the train to get out before they get in... You can probably see where this is going...
So the train stops and while I don't intend to get in an elderly lady takes matters into her hands...
She tries to block me from getting in so she can enter herself... I try to move back when people from the back don't see that it's impossible to get in. Kinda makes you wonder about the group logic. When people see someone in a group do something good they don't follow him. While if he tries to do something dumb everyone will do it... go figure...

I wait for the next train that arrives shortly and of course there are enough people moaning about the trains being late and so on... I am bothered by it too, but bitching about it won't fix anything, so why don't they shut up? Laughter and bitching brings people together I guess? The whole us vs them psychology thing... 

I get inside along with the rest and as usual someone stands with his back on the central pole where we are supposed to hold. First thought I am having is: 
but I suppress it quickly when someone lifts his hand and I am faced with a smelly armpit... I try to move away before I suicide someone and then is when we arrive on the next station and more people get in... And when I say more, I mean more than the train can carry. So people push and pull and scream at each other to move... Beautiful... When we start moving at last, I listen to an announcement saying, to keep an eye to our "personal" belongings. First off... I can't even move my hands to do anything, so I doubt anyone can actually steal anything. And to quote George Carlin: " What other belongings are there except for personal? Do these people thing I would actually travel with a fountain I stole from the park?".

So we arrive at my station and I have to push some people, since they don't get that there might be someone behind them that wants to get off the train. And when I think everything is over I get a glimpse of who rides the elevator... Two high heeled blondes and an older man staring at their boobs... I facepalm myself and leave... Oh, and yes the escalators don't work also... My day started so good... 

No comments:

Post a Comment